Selected Research Projects
I have led and engaged in research projects in various fields. Here are a few of my favorite ones! A full list of my research projects are in my CV.
Sidewalk Accessibility and Social Inequity
Advised by Professor Jon E. Froehlich (University of Washington)
- Exploring crowdsourced labeling datasets of sidewalks to examine the correlations between sidewalk accessibility and socio-demographics.
Designing for Speech Practice Systems
Advised by Professor Takuji Narumi (University of Tokyo)
- Led a project that investigated the impact of listening to speech role models and voice manipulation on the perception of speech and voice. Provided design recommendations for a speech practice tool to assist users with speech practice and enhancing self-perception. Our paper was conditionally accepted to CHI 2022!
Trucking and Automation
Advised by Professor Orit Shaer (Wellesley College)
- Led a project that investigated truck drivers’ perspectives on automation in the trucking industry.
- Paper in AutomotiveUI ‘21
- Extended Abstract in CHI 2021
Advised by Dr. Luis Alonso (MIT Media Lab)
- Led a project to develop a well-being index to measure and analyze social welfare in urban ecosystems based on urban indicators such as safety and security, community connectedness, and diversity.
- Paper in Sustainability
Monitoring the Health Ecosystem of Benin
Advised by Professor Danielle Wood (MIT Media Lab)
- Conducted mapping visualizations and analyses of vegetation data in Benin.
- Designed and engineered a low-cost water quality sensor kit to survey the health ecosystem in Benin. Programmed the microcontroller for data collection and wireless data transmission, and configured electrical and hardware components to extend the kit’s lifespan. The kit was transferred to Benin and enabled scientists to mitigate the harms posed by the plant.
- Abstract in AGU Fall Meeting 2019