I have led and engaged in research projects in various fields. Here are a few of my favorite ones! A full list of my research projects are in my CV.
Electronic HIV Data Security and Privacy in Malawi
Advised by Professor Richard Anderson (University of Washington)
- Leading the investigation of the perspectives of healthcare staff, HIV patients, and members of Malawi’s government to improve a mobile medical record system that supports HIV care in Malawi. Conducted fieldwork at HIV clinic in Malawi in Sept 2022.
Designing for Speech Practice Systems
Advised by Professor Takuji Narumi (University of Tokyo)
- Led a project that investigated the impact of listening to speech role models and voice manipulation on the perception of speech and voice. Provided design recommendations for a speech practice tool to assist users with speech practice and enhancing self-perception.
- Paper in CHI 2022
Trucking and Automation
Advised by Professor Orit Shaer (Wellesley College)
- Led a project that investigated truck drivers’ perspectives on automation in the trucking industry.
- Paper in AutomotiveUI ‘21
- Extended Abstract in CHI 2021
Advised by Dr. Luis Alonso (MIT Media Lab)
- Led a project to develop a well-being index to measure and analyze social welfare in urban ecosystems based on urban indicators such as safety and security, community connectedness, and diversity.
- Paper in Sustainability
Monitoring the Health Ecosystem of Benin
Advised by Professor Danielle Wood (MIT Media Lab)
- Conducted mapping visualizations and analyses of vegetation data in Benin.
- Designed and engineered a low-cost water quality sensor kit to survey the health ecosystem in Benin. Programmed the microcontroller for data collection and wireless data transmission, and configured electrical and hardware components to extend the kit’s lifespan. The kit was transferred to Benin and enabled scientists to mitigate the harms posed by the plant.
- Abstract in AGU Fall Meeting 2019