I am Lisa, an first year Ph.D. student at the University of Washington Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering.
I graduated from Wellesley College, a historically women’s liberal arts college, in June 2021. I double majored in Computer Science and Philosophy. I also studied at the University of Oxford, Worcester College during my third year of college.
My research interests are HCI (human-computer interaction) and ICTD (information and communication technology for development). My research objective is to execute technology-driven participatory action research to mitigate social and technical challenges faced by groups that are oppressed by their intersectional identities. I am especially interested in issues related to gender, health, education, and accessibility.
The first two years of my Ph.D. are funded by The Funai Foundation for Information Technology.
- Sept 2021: Officially started my Ph.D.!
- Aug 2021: Our paper “Perceptions of Trucking Automation: Insights from the r/Truckers Community” was accepted to AutomotiveUI ‘21!
- June 2021: Graduated from Wellesley College
- May 2021: Attended my first (virtual) conference at CHI 21
- Apr 2021: Committed to University of Washington CS Ph.D. program!
- Nov 2020: Selected as a Grantee of Funai Overseas Scholarship for my Ph.D.